Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Washington D.C.

I'm staying just outside of our nation's capital in Potomac, MD for training for my job! It's not very close to D.C., but we have a free night tomorrow, so I'm hoping that a few people will want to go into the city to check out some monuments and do some typical D.C. things. I've never been here before, so it would kill me not to check out the sites. Flying in, we flew right by the Washington Monument and White House, so that was awesome! So, I grabbed my first cab by myself, and he took me to the place where we're staying, and he was a really interesting guy. He was from Sierra Leon, but then he moved to London a long time ago and finally came to D.C. a few years ago. He and his family travel all over the US, and they drive everywhere because they can get out and see the sites in the different cities they go through. Then, it was time for training to start. Some of the sessions have been really interesting, and others have been really boring. I like being able to practice rather than just listen to people talk. Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun getting to know people and learning that actuaries are actually fun, social people!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I came here to leave a comment on how woefully out-of-date your blog has become. Trey is winning!

Of course, you may have noticed that my own blog is suffering from a lack of attention lately, but that's not the point. I'm not in a contest!

treydutton said...

HAH! I am winning.